Poetry has a unique way to draw us deep into the hidden parts of scripture.It requires patience, a little more visits in the word , sometimes a late night sitting Holy Spirit and even fasting, really!It motivates us to search for meaning; in my case I find meaning in God’s word, even through poetry.
Before we dive into the quiz, let’s have fun with some Splashy Speech .
- The righteous will flourish like a palm tree,
- they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon;
- planted in the house of the Lord,
- they will flourish in the courts of our God.
- They will still bear fruit in old age,
- they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming
- the wicked spring up like grass and all evildoers flourish,
- they will be destroyed forever.
Let’s go deeper.CLUES: I’m still under the palm tree with Deborah , fishing for more secrets.This time I decided to separate the poem in 3 stanzas and with a good reason.( CLUE) Oh, and I decided to highlight some crucial lines.The answer should be something received.Here we go!
On the hills of Ephraim
She arose and created her lookout.
And as she stretched out,
her eye, her hands;
Her gaze turned from counsel
She stood between God and Israel,
Like a Moses and Abraham
And waited for the plan.
No longer could she bear
The deserted main road,
The failing economy
And hidden hero's.
Then God spoke!
She keeps in her position,
Instructed as received.
Aligning , all aboard!
Marching with only 10 000
And reached a final score
With a fleeing general
Lured into the tent of an ally.
Have fun! Until the reveal!!