We can shape our month with the words coming from our lips, spilling out from what is within us. Our words are powerful and therefore has the power to cause destruction or to build up and restore.
Taking care of yourself
“From the fruit of their mouth a person’s stomach is filled; with the harvest of their lips, they are satisfied.”
“The tongue has the power of life and death,and those who love it will eat its fruit.”
“Whoever guards his mouth preserves his life; he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin.”
Where do you get your food and water?
Sometimes our thoughts and life counsel us and then we found ourselves at a strange well, a place away from our true nourishment, an illusion. It is only when we drink the water that we taste the difference!
The Samaritan woman came as to the well as usual, the only place of water provision .(John 4)
The words coming from Jesus’ mouth astonished her and drew her closer to Him. When His words sunk deep into her soul her season of change was born.
( More about the Samaritan woman in a visual Bible study)
What happens when we declare the word of God over our month?
- We agree with God
- By faith, we speak things into existence
- We fill the structure of our month with essentials
- We prepare, plan and store in advance
- We make provision for our days
- We give no place to the enemy
- We set our month on course
- We schedule our month according to the compass of the Word of God.
- We honor God
“so shall My word be that goeth forth out of My mouth: It shall not return unto Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.” Isaiah 55:11
Make October a feast to please God!Declare the word of God!
A well-prepared table
1. I will sit at the table that the Lord God prepares for me. I will be fed from His table this month and shall not experience any lack. ( Psalm 23)
2. I will sit at the table of kings as a special guest and will be well-fed with opportunities and favor. (2 Samuel 9:3)
3. As I get up early each morning I will be fed with fresh manna and I will be strengthened for my day. (Psalm 78:24-25)
4. When I will read and study His word this month the Lord will break it and hand it to me.(Luke 24)
5. I declare that as I hand out the Word of God from the prepared table it will multiply supernaturally. I shall not send anyone away who is hungry. (Matthew 15)
6. I declare that I shall not receive or be satisfied with the leftovers of others’ tables but a good measure I shall be given. ( Luke 6:38)
7. I declare that kings will show kindness to me because of my Father in Heaven. (2 Samuel 9:1)
8.My enemies will watch as the Lord God prepares a table for me. (Psalm 23)
9. My soul will be fed with good things(Psalm 107:9)
10. I will gladly accept my invitation to the banquet of my King. (Luke 14)
Taking care of yourself physically is not without effort, instead, it does seek some of our attention.
My daughter sends me this picture on my birthday because I am always taking care of others and I’m too exhausted afterward.
She also gave me a small journal to record and track my happy moments and self-care routines.
We are also spirits, therefore we should balance our lives by taking care of ourselves spiritually. (“May your whole spirit, soul and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus” I Thessalonians 5:23