When I write about How to do a Visual Bible study I did not know that it will become my favorite way to study the Bible. Although I also use other methods to study the bible, this one suits my learning style the best.
- Fun !
- I am a visual learner !
- It helps me to unravel the pieces to find the hidden message.
Seekers finders corner
“On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. 2 They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, 3 but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.4 While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. 5 In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? 6 He is not here; he has risen!Luke 24
On the first day of the week, very early in the morning...
At the beginning of this verse, I immediately visualize a daybreak scenario for my first doodle. This is a sign of a new day or a new beginning. Funny just how a virtuous woman can get up this early because she knows how to start her day the right way! On her knees, praying for her family and fellowman and seeking God’s face! With the pen in her hand, writing down His words!
Characteristics of women revealed
- Courage: While the disciples were scared and struck down because of what happened to Jesus, these women got up early to go to the grave.
- Prepared: They already prepared the spices to embalm the body of Jesus. Usually, women are responsible for preparing to host guests or preparing kids for school. This is a normal instinct of women to prepare themselves and their hearts before going to God in prayer.
- Take action: They could not bear just to sit back and do nothing and decided to go to the tomb.
- Holding on: They loved Jesus dearly and could not let go of his memory so easily .
- Searching for hope and reality: Jesus was their hope and security in life. He allowed them to be an integral part of His ministry. They felt useful and that they belong. They knew He was the answer for all the suffering and injustice around them. They still hoped…and touched Peter who ran to the tomb to see for himself.
- Determined: When they found the grave empty, they stayed and waited, until they received a revelation, a direct word from God. Virtuous women do not give up easily but hold on in prayer until the day breaks for them.
- Obedience: After receiving this message, they ran back to the disciples to deliver it to the ones Jesus left His instructions .
Although the disciples did not believe them, these women carried out their assignment. This act of these women was a huge contribution to the beginning of the ministry after Jesus’ death.
Inferencing: A tool to collect a message from pieces.
Ever since the role of women in the world and the church could not be wiped off the table. The part of women in the big picture is so evident that it can not be overlooked.MIRIAM was one of the first forerunners. Although Satan tries to fight hard on this matter to exclude women and to keep them in religious bondage, these efforts are not successful. Surely, women all over the world are breaking loose from the strongholds to be free to run with the kingdom message for the world.