When I first started to realize the true situation about my relationship with God and my prayer life I got the urge to track my spiritual activities and how consistent and productive, or not my relationship with God is.
A tracker can be used for staying on track with the following activities in your relationship with God:
Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me. Psalm 119:133
Different types of trackers
- Your daily Bible reading
- Weekly -and monthly bible study
- Scripture memorizing
- Spiritual Reading log (books)
- Christian movie log
- Prayer life
A tracker is especially helpful to :
- Monitor your relationship with God
- Monitoring spiritual growth
- Evaluating areas of growth
- Keeping yourself informed
- Live a purposeful life
- Keep up with the pace of the Holy Spirit
- Be encouraged
- record valuable experiences and answered prayer.
- identify the spiritual clues God gives us about certain areas of our lives or other issues.
- Record the prompts and warnings of the Holy Spirit.
Knowledge has the power to awaken us and change our way of thinking.
I invested in my relationship with Jesus and bought a few books about the importance of effective prayer and a few topic Bible study guides. After this, there was no possible way to turn back to old habits. This is where my tracking habits began. I was keen to see growth in my relationship with God.
A tracker does not have to be a burden, but can rather be seen as a fun journal entry.
Ways to make trackers fun
It all depends on what kind of tracker you feel is a priority in your current season. My 3 main trackers are a bible reading tracker, a dream tracker, and a fitness tracker and I like to make them fun journal entries. You can also download an app to do the tracking for you or you can also find printable trackers on some websites. But if you decide to create your own, have fun!
- Create fun theme trackers.
- Make a calendar style tracker and put it where your tracking will be easy. It will be visible and a constant reminder for success.
Why do I prefer to make my tracker a journal entry?
When I make my tracker part of my journal it engages me with consistent prayer. The word of God becomes the center of my prayers and it is based on His word.
A tracker became an essential journal entry and originated from my realization that I needed more of God.
Psalm 119:81My soul languishes for Your salvation;
I wait for Your word.
4 thoughts on “Tips to use your prayer journal as a tracker.”
Great info!!! Thank you
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thank you for appreciation🌻
LikeLiked by 1 person