Purpose in a new season
Prov 29 :18Where there is no prophetic vision the people cast off restraint, but blessed is he who keeps the law.
Another key aspect connected to vision is learning essential skills that are going to be valuable in your new season of life challenges. I realize as I’m taking a few more steps into my new season, many tools from my childhood and baby stage in Christ are surfacing more and more.
I remember how rich and flavorful it made my life and how clear my head was using it at those times I needed direction and purpose the most.
– the ability to think about or plan the future with imagination or wisdom.
In Scripture, a revelation from God; an appearance or exhibition of something supernaturally presented to the minds of the prophets, by which they were informed of future events. Such were the visions of Isaiah, of Amos, of Ezekiel.(KJV Dictionary)
Just like an organization has its vision statement I believe that individuals should have a personal vision because we are uniquely designed for God’s purpose to be fulfilled in our lives.
A personal vision will help us to structure ourselves strategically within an organization and when entering a new life season .
A vision board is a helpful tool to map your vision before writing it down. It will also help you to build up your vision and shaping it according to God’s will for our lives.
When I refer to a vision board I simply mean to write down clues given to us through dreams, prophetic words, or through the word of God.
Habakkuk 3And the Lord answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it.
- Writing out your vision makes it visual to remind yourself of the promises or words received from God.
- Writing down your vision makes it official and provides a sense of faith-based certainty to your future.
- It prepares your heart and steps for the times ahead.
- Short term – and long term goals are essential in formulating a personal vision.
- As we grow into our new season our vision becomes brighter and reflects new meaning.
- We can see the impact of our vision on the people and environments around us.
Our life vision must be connected to God’s plan for our lives. Mapping our vision firstly prepares our minds for the change to come so that our hearts can embrace the change at the appointed time.