How journaling adds value to your walk with God
As young teenagers, I remember how most of my friends, including myself, started writing diaries about our experiences and emotions. At this stage of life, we reckoned that people do not really understand our true feelings and journaling offered us an unpaid seat in a counseling room.
When we reached university, our dairies transformed into journals.
Reasons for switching to journaling.
We began a new, more complex phase in our lives. For most, it was our first time far from home.
For me, it was to cope and find direction in this new world. To stay focussed in this new phase of our lives, became more challenging because we needed guidance in finding answers or comfort to our insecurities. Our journals became our best secret buddy.
We needed to be on time and organized and we did not have family members to remind or help us. Our home was a small room in a block of flats.
A personal record of occurrences, experiences, and reflections kept on a regular basis; a diary.
The benefits of keeping a prayer journal
1. If you’re a creative soul, you’d love to journal because it gives you an opportunity to be yourself while serving God.
2. Journaling is a good way to keep you focused and organised.
3. Your journal becomes the tracker of your spiritual growth.
4. It also keeps records of your faith walk and past experiences, how you manage to succeed, and be victorious during adversity or difficulties.
5. Those who are more introverted can find consoling, trust, and strength through prayer journaling.
6. It is an effective way to search for true godly purpose. Through journaling, I entered into a new search of finding God, as my heart was longing for more than religion and man-made rules.
7. Through journaling, you can visualize or reflect. By visualizing, I am referring to the way you see yourself through God’s word, transforming into His will for your life. The more we get into scripture and make it our own, the more we changed and adhere to Him.
8.Through journaling you punch procastination in the face !
Making it your new normal
God alone should be the center of our lives and our lives should be built around His word.
Romans 828 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
God is calling us to a purposeful life.