In Part 1 of the Esther series about fasting, we learned about the predicament Esther and her nation, facing extinction and this was their purpose for fasting. Queen Ester then identified the strategy to follow and informed all involved. We also recognize the strategic abilities God had given unto a woman and how the church of God can use it to build His kingdom.
Thus we learned 3 aspects from Part 1:
- The purpose or intention for fasting
- The strategy
- Who is going to partake..
A call for action
Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.
Through the generations, God revealed His heart when it comes to intercession and corporate action. He used Moses to intercede on behalf of His people and Abraham for the people in Sodom .
In the case of the book of Esther, the whole nation ,with her on the frontline, came before God in repentance and pleading for mercy.
Why is corporate action so powerful?
There are numerous to list, but here’s just a few:
Acts 4:31After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.
- Seeing His people uniting soothes the heart of our God. It pleases and…I think makes Him smile in approval.
- It is being obedient according to the prompting of God’s word.
- Unity amongst God’s people reflects the perfect work of Christ on the cross. It was not in vain.It was so powerful indeed that everyone received grace.
- Fasting together increases the faith of that specific group of people and it also strengthens the prayer life of the group as well as the individual.
- The people of God experienced powerful breakthroughs and quick responses.
- It emphasizes the urgency or need
- It also intensifies the force within prayers
- It contributes great value to the Kingdom of God because others can see the breakthroughs.
God needed a frontliner and He chose Esther, the strategist
Girl, now I want to declare that God chose you to be on His frontline, leading His people out of bondage, poverty, sickness, idolatry, perversion. You are a great strategist and can communicate effectively from His frontline.