Fellowship with God
1.What impacts my fellowship with God ?
Our fellowship with each other greatly depends on our relationship with God. Being in unity with my neighbor satisfies or pleases the heart of God. This issue also impacts my prayer life.
1 John 4:20 (AMP)
If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen.
Sin hinders our prayers
God answers prayer “because we do the things that are pleasing in his sight” (1John 3:22). Of course, God does not expect sinless perfection by our own strength. However, he does expect us to “hate what is evil and cling to what is good” (Romans 12:9).
2. Prayer + studying the word of God = 💯
As believers, we should be disciplining ourselves to spend time in prayer and studying the Word daily. I encourage young believers to spend at least 15 to 20 minutes a day to pray and study the bible.
Prayer without studying the word of God is a formula that will definitely not be successful.
During my first encounter with God, I went to my own room afterward not understanding what was happening with me. As I sat down on the floor I did not switch on the light; I only uttered 3 words: ” Lord, I believe.” Then I opened the bible on the table: Romans 5:1.
I was astonished because it was a direct answer to my response. I never had such experience before as I just read the bible like any ordinary book. I cried that night, not because I was sad, but because God became a reality to me.
3.Benefits of fellowshipping with God through reading the Bible.
- You get to know and understand Him better through the Word.
- You give God a chance to speak back to you.
- You gain confidence and learn to answer appropriately.
- You become spiritually stronger
- Meditation becomes more effective as the word of God is in your heart and refrains through your head.
- It enables you to gain knowledge and ammunition against the evil schemes of Satan.
- It also clears our hearts and thoughts of strongholds.
- It gives us a clearer vision.
- It brings us in unity with others.
- The heart of stone is being removed and a heart of flesh that is ready to forgive is given to us.
This is the breath and great source of life for those who are living close to God.